As part of this commitment this Privacy Statement outlines how Learning Blocks manages the personal information we collect and hold about our families, children, service providers/suppliers and employees.
What information do we collect, why and how it is used?
Basic details are usually collected directly from parents such as your names and the names of authorised persons (authorisations) to collect or contact in case of an emergency, address, phone contacts but it is also necessary for Educators/Staff to collect details regarding your child’s name, date of birth, medical details, health, routines, likes and dislikes which make up a personal profile.
In addition we are required to hold information regarding your child’s Child Care Subsidy entitlements.
All this information is vital in assisting us to provide the best possible individual care for your child and for processing payments. Some of the information we collect is to satisfy the service’s legal obligations under the National Regulations.
The Education and Care Service from time to time may disclose personal and sensitive information to others for administrative purposes. This includes to the Early Childhood Education and Care Directorate, NSW Department of Education, Department of Human Services, Department of Health, Family Law Court and other Education and Care Professionals.
Naturally, much of this information is of a personal nature and some of it might be regarded as ‘sensitive’ and not the sort of information that you would wish to have unnecessarily disclosed to others.
How we use this information:
- This information will only be used by our Educators and other Staff members in order to deliver your child’s care to the highest standards.
- It will not be disclosed to those not associated with the care of your child without your express written consent.
- You may ask to seek access to information held about you and your child and we will provide access without undue delay.
- This access might be inspection of your child’s records or by providing copies of the information.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure at all times that the details we keep about your family are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect this information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access or disclosure.
- Our Educators and other Staff are committed to respect these principles at all times.
- If a student has a valid training requirement, that involves the gathering of certain information pertaining to your child or family, the student must have written consent from the parent/guardian and the Approved Provider/ Nominated Supervisor.
- All documentation will be stored in safe and secure area at Learning Blocks Child Care Centres
What is personal information?
In the Privacy Act personal information is defined as information about an individual whose identity may be worked out from that information. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers etc.
What is sensitive information?
Sensitive information refers to information such as a person’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or health information and requires a higher level of protection because of the sensitive matters it relates to.
For detailed information about the legislation go to the Federal Privacy Commission website: www.privacy.gov.au If you have any concerns or questions about the way your personal information is being managed please contact the Approved Provider/ Nominated Supervisor.
Contacting Learning Blocks
If you have any questions, feedback or concerns about this privacy statement or how your personal information is handled by Learning Blocks, you can contact our Privacy Officer on 0401777222 (9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, AEST). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org